Wild Honey Restaurant Review


Wild Honey is one of the pioneering restaurants for the laidback brunches in Singapore. They have a huge selection of breakfasts from around the world, and a dish to represent just about any country. The menu was apportioned to both sweet and savory, you get waffles and pancakes for sweet, and you can pick from the seafood or meat dishes for the savory. There is the exotic North African dish of shakshouka which has been gaining popularity recently (turkish bread with spiced poached eggs in a pan) or you can go for the standard eggs benedict (prosciutto and poached eggs on top of the famed brioche), they also recently get their coffees from the common man coffee roasters and fresh juices including granny smith apple, green apple, melon juice.  

My aussie friend (hello) suggested this place because it's conveniently located at Scotts Square, and he lived nearby. I was a little apprehensive when he wanted to try it out, as I used to be an eggs benedict fanatic, and I would always order the eggs benedict at any restaurant, and compare it to the eggs benedict which I've had. The eggs benedict at Wild Honey is good but not amazing, but I guess for the wide selection that they have, they do produce a pretty decent standard for all their dishes! So this time I was set on ordering the shakshouka! :)

Shakshouka was good, poached eggs was done perfectly, the spices were not spicey but added an african feel to the dish, brioche was nicely done and the in-house smoked salmon was great, hollandaise sauce was well-balanced too. The turkish bread that came with the shakshouka was quite dry, although it was seasoned with sesame seeds, but still, would have preferred it to be softer.




My friend ordered The Norwegian which had the in-house smoked salmon atop a bed of avocado and asparagus with hollandaise sauce and a generous dollop of ikura (salmon roe) with their famous brioche. I thought it was good, and nicely done. :)



Service was quick and good although do be sure to make a reservation for the weekend. Definitely looking forward to trying more international dishes from around the world the next time I come!

Also Wild Honey has opened a new Jewish deli Sacha & Sons which I'm really looking forward to try, it reminds me of my high school days back in NYC! :) They have in-house cured pastrami and potato rosti with salmon gravlaux which seems very very interesting. Will update about that soon x 

64%
Wild Honey @ Scotts Square
6 Scotts Square, #03-01
Scotts Square
228209
6636 1816

Comments

  1. Hello share your blog is great information for us , i read your blog using unique and best information. Mymenu nutrition given diffrent types of services My Menu Nutrition

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts