Patisserie Sadharu Aoki


Patisserie Sadharu Aoki Paris

Had to try this especially since it was right outside the Peninsula, so we could go out and eat breakfast / tea!! :) 

First thing that caught my eye was the green tea matcha eclair! Eclair is actually my childhood favorite snack so street cred right there!! 

Okay matcha filling was good :) full of matcha umami and sweet and airy and perfect! You can tell that an eclair is good by the delicate layers of the choux pastry - good! But that's not the star of Sadharu Aoki ! 



The croissants are the star!! :) I got the almond croissant  (~$3) which had an incredible filling, it had rum! So the alcoholic taste just blended so well with the filling!! The crust was so crunchy cameralized exterior and the bread dough was smooth and fluffy and amazing. Seriously, I think the alcoholic complexity just sent me to heaven!! 

My only regret is that I didn't buy the matcha croissant and the croissant! 


Okay I tried the macaron!! The genmaicha macaron. Unfortunately it didn't hit the spot for me, I prefer the Pierre Hermes one. I like how Sadharu uses japanese ingredients such as genmaicha, yuzu and sesame but this macaron crust was way too hard and the filling was overly heavy, kind of lent so much baggage to this light pastry. :( 

70% for the super memorable croissant 

I would eat x10 of it right now and I just had it an hour ago! 




Comments

Popular Posts