Bam! Restaurant Review

Bam! 

Went to this restaurant with my family, and my mum and my brother love traditional chinese/ japanese dishes, so when I asked my mum what she thought about the meal, and she replied "very very good", I was genuinely surprised. Bam! really surpassed my expectations and I would recommend this restaurant for anyone craving tapas or japanese-spanish food.

The chef is the chef de cuisine from Santi, one of the restaurants which I always wanted to go in MBS but unfortunately closed down before I was back in Singapore. My mum wants to add that you SHOULD get the bar seat because you can watch all the exciting action of the preparation of your food, and it certainly adds to the appreciation and enjoyment of the food. For example, I watched how the chef expertly crafted my mashed potatoes using swift deft handstrokes with two spoons, and I was pleasantly surprised by their expertise, concentration and dedication. For the ladies, the chefs are also such eye candy lol. 


White Mushroom Button Soup with Truffle Oil


Jamon Iberico de Bellota with bread and fresh tomatoes drizzled with olive oil


Kampong egg with chorizo and squid



Special: cold cappelini, sakura ebi, uni and hazelnut oil

* would have preferred if they used japanese uni instead of santa barbara uni, but I understand the choice because the salty taste of the uni complemented the crispiness of the sakura ebi and the thickness and opacity of the hazelnut oil


Kitchen hard at work


Smoked Rabbit with Organic Carrots
(such a star! The rabbit was so expertly done, the meat fell off the bone so easily, and I think I can safely say that this is one of the best rabbit that I've ever eaten)


Suckling Pig (good to share among 4)
This was $76 which was much more expensive than the other tapas dishes, and took a while to serve.
I was a little disappointed when this dish was served to me because of the presentation, and uh it doesn't look crispy. BUT boy are you in for a surprise, when I took a bite, the skin was so crispy and the meat was so juicy and soft, and the gelatinous layer of fat just blended so well. Bravo!


Dessert: the pastry chef was so good, he did this dish in under 4 minutes lol 

Banana cake with mango and homemade ice-cream
It normally comes with white chocolate mousse, but he prepared it without because of my intolerance
This dish was so good!


Sorbet with earl grey granita (light and refreshing but not my thing, I like complex flavors)



Food is very very good, there is nothing to complain about. All the meat was expertly prepared, kitchen staff was very efficient and fast and friendly, recommendations were good. The restaurant does not charge for service charge, and my mum is a generous tipper lol so she gave a lot, but I'm worried whether this will work for Singapore because there is the lack of tipping culture? But I really applaud their daringness to try out this idea of tipping the staff! :) Also prices are very reasonable and food is fresh and daring, and I love the Asian slant of the dishes prepared. They currently have a 7-course omakase prepared by the chef, and after my amazing dinner, I highly recommend this! Also they have a festive menu for Christmas  24 - 25 December, do support them!! :)

75%

Bam! Restaurant Review

38 Tras Street
Singapore 078977
6226 0500





Comments

Popular Posts