Rhubarb Le Restaurant Review

Went to Rhubarb for dinner with a friend, Rhubarb is one of the latest restaurants that opened around Duxton and the chef is from Au Petit Salut in Dempsey (one of my former favorite restaurants!). My friend found it interesting that they only had one word to describe each dish, and the rest of the ingredients were rather surprising / innovative. This restaurant came highly recommended by my parents, where they tried the quail and other interesting dishes, but they recently changed the menu, so these items are no longer on the menu.

I got the fish which came with foam and popcorn. I didn't like the popcorn and foam but the fish was nicely prepared. The servers both forgot to serve us bread when they gave us butter, but they promptly served it to us when we asked for it. The bread was kind of plain and stodgy though.


Scallops was really good, very strong dish. The scallop contrasted well with the pork, very fresh and succulent, sauce was amazing and complemented the flavors.


Dessert was rhubarb and vanilla ice-cream, I thought that the rhubarb was very expertly prepared. I actually dislike rhubarb because of its astringent taste, but the pastry chef prepared it such that the rhubarb was actually sweet, and only had a slight tinge of sourness, which I thought was commendable, because it changed my opinion of rhubarb. 

However, they added sparkling candy which really annoyed me, personal preference though. 


58%

Rhubarb Le Restaurant
3 Duxton Hill, 089589
8127 5001




Comments

Popular Posts