Pollen Restaurant Review


Pollen is the outpost of the Pollen Street Social chain in the UK (City Street Social and Little Social and Pollen Street Social which all won Michelin stars this year). I went here for dinner last year and I liked the UK one better, but since my friend likes high-tea, we thought we'd try out the high-tea at this place. You also get free admission into the flower dome so I think that it's a pretty good deal to come here for tea.



Love the ambience. We got the $35 set which comes with both savory and sweet and one pot of tea or coffee. The savory selection consisted of chicken liver pate with bread, foccacia bread with sunblushed tomatos and prosciutto, we both didn't like the proscuitto, I thought the chicken liver pate was done well though.

The sweet selection had much room for improvement. The scone was hard and dry, the macaroons were bland and cloying, the cinnamon pretzel was plain. The only sweet selection that we both liked was the almond cake, but still it only just passed.

Service was slow, my tea wasn't topped up and we had to wait really long for the service staff to get our attention for the tea. It wasn't like that for dinner when I came last time.





52%

Pollen @ Flower Dome Singapore


  • 18 Marina Gardens Dr, 018953
    6604 9988




  • Comments

    Popular Posts