MASA steak and hamburg restaurant review



MASA Steak and Hamburg came recommended by a few friends, and I decided to pay this restaurant a visit because I was curious about hamburgs 

This restaurant is opened by a japanese group and they only use yakaza grade A4 Wagyu beef for all their dishes

Before I talk about the food, just wanted to commend the wait staff for their attentive service, kept coming to change plates and check on us

We had 3 appetizers, the beef tongue 
Was so bland and didn't really do the beef tongue justice, was very disappointed at the bland dry texture, nothing like all the beef tongues I've had before 


The beef carpaccio was slightly better, it had a nice salad and sweet corn with mushroom and truffle but just okay 


Oyster Rockefeller 
Oyster Rockefeller is my favorite dish so I couldn't resist ordering this dish
When I studied in the Bay Area, I would drive down to the coast for $1 oysters and eat them by the dozens 

There's no way to say this other than... This dish was so bad! It wasn't nicely gratinated and the cream was watery and bland :( 

Maybe we shouldn't have ordered appetizers in a steak restaurant 


Hamburg and steak combo
Okay this kind of saved the whole restaurant
The Hamburg was very nicely prepared and the steak had a great melt-in-the-mouth texture and I could taste the generous layering of fats of the steak 


$130 for 3

40%
MASA Steak and Hamburg
Robertson Walk 



Comments

Popular Posts