Tai Hwa Bak Chor Mee @ Hill Street

Went to eat bak chor mee!! Tai hwa bak chor mee came very highly recommended, and my friend jamie wanted to go on a food safari so uh first stop! 

Can't imagine there was such a long queue at 3pm (past lunch hour), we waited for about 30 minutes before we could get a bowl! It came as $5 (small) / $8 (medium) / $10 (large) and you get to choose the type of noodles you want. To be honest, I think the problem is not so much the queue but rather, there was a slow turnover as they individually prepared each dish. 

The soup was good and hearty and had a generous portion of veggies! 

The noodle was very tasty, it had the perfect bouncy QQ texture, with a generous serving of lard. The meatball was amazing!

As a big fan of head-to-tail eating, I love eating innards, all 'em sweetbreads, liver, kidney, intestine, heart. So I was very very happy eating the pork liver and minced pork! 

Sauce was delicious too! Really good chilli and vinegar! 



I guess it's worth the queue for the freshness of the noodles! :) but I'm not queuing for more than 1 hour for this!! 

Tai Hwa Bak Chor Mee
Crawford Lane 

66%

Comments

Popular Posts