Chikuyotei @ Intercontinental Hotel

My friend's dad brought me out for lunch! To my surprise and delight, he remarked that he heard that I like Japanese food and proceeded to walk me to Chikuyotei at Intercontinental! Always wanted to eat here but never really get the chance to! So nice of him!

Hahah as my friend's dad said that he was going to be treating me, I was really shy on ordering! Basically ordered the cheapest item on the menu : $38 set lunch including veggie appetizer, chawanmushi, gindara cod with rice and green tea ice-cream. 

I was actually deliberating between the $38 gindara cod or the $39 half unagi (the full unagi was really expensive, why is unagi suddenly so pricey in Singapore??) but ah well $38 < $39 right? 

But being true to Chinese hospitality, he offered wine and sashimi and other dishes, and finally decided on sharing the wagyu small plate! 


Chawanmushi (there was one piece of chicken inside but it was rather tough and lacked flavor, kind of blanched)


Salad


Gindara cod with rice (decent okay pass)


Wagyu beef! This wagyu beef was very well-executed and I loved the five different type of marinades! Wagyu beef was cooked such that it was not too tough but perfectly seared!! 


Thick and wholesome green tea ice-cream!


The place was rather quiet for a Saturday lunch time crowd, food was decent and bordering on the pricey side but the fish was fresh and I liked the set lunches! 

60%





Comments

Popular Posts