Cafes and Restaurants at the Hip Everton Park

So many indie cafes along every block in Everton Park! Since I live quite near there, I shall make it a mission to visit every stall in Everton Park! Mediocre life goals lol.

First would be Grin Affair, they are famous for serving their cakes in little jars. After talking to the server, their famous jars are the honey lavender, durian and peanut fudge. I got the durian and honey lavender, the durian's aroma wasn't that strong but the cake was sweet and it had a nice layer of mousse, and crumble on top. The honey lavender had a sweet lavender aroma and mellitus taste, topped with a happy blueberry. $6 for each jar, and you get to recycle your jars in return for one jar. It wasn't mindblowing amazing but it was pretty good for the price, and I could share it with my family.


The very many pretty covers that come with your jar.


My takeout!


Grin Affair (62%)
3 Everton Park
#01-77A
Singapore 080003

If you know me, you would know I love things that are quite old school! So 70 cents ang ku kueh was what caught my eye! This ang ku kueh store has been open for 50 years, and my mum used to come here for ang ku kuehs. Do come early, I came after work and the durian and peanut ang ku kuehs were all sold out! Minimum order is 5 ang ku kuehs, but they're so cheap and addictive that every single auntie before me bought at least 50 or 100 ang ku kuehs oh my god. 



Pretty ang ku kuehs, very sweet and satisfying filling. Loved the diversity in flavors, from salty to sweet corn to coconut to yam paste. 


What are you waiting for? I think it will be the best way to spend 70 cents in your life here! People pre-order by the hundreds!

Ji Xiang Confectionery
1 Everton Park
Singapore 081001

NYLON COFFEE OH MY OH MY
probably the best coffee I had in Singapore! I got my flat white, and it had such a nice body, a nutty aftertaste and it washed down so well. It is the best coffee on the block, no regrets. Would pay good money for another cup.


Nylon Coffee Roasters (78%)
4 Everton Park
#01-40

Get your coffee now!




Okay so I still have a few more shops to go! (To be continued... Gotta eat them all!)




Comments

Popular Posts