Brushstrokes @ Ichimura



Was in NYC last week and my friend recommended the Japanese restaurant opened by David Bouley - Ichimura at Brushstroke! 

I ordered the set lunch because it seemed very value for money and included dessert! 

Appetizer 
(From left) ikura, truffle, tomato 


Truffle chawanmushi (simply sublime) 


Miso fish and octopus 

The octopus was insanely good, it was crisp for the tentacles but you could tell that the body of the octopus had been properly massaged with marinade as it had this melt-in-the-mouth texture only known to me from toro. 


Really good lobster don with chives and eggs! Highly highly recommend. 


Hoji-cha pudding with gold flakes (deep roasted flavor with a caramel aftertaste)


Definitely go for the lunch set, was one of the most value-for-money Michelin star meals I had this year. Service was impeccable and they also asked about dietary restrictions, asked me when I didn't finish a particular dish and also were attentive to my particular likes. This restaurant is better known for its sushi counter, which is intimate and requires advanced reservation but kaiseki / alacarte dining place should definitely be visited if you're visiting NYC! 

73%




Comments

Popular Posts