Tian Kee Co Cafe

My friend has a love for indie hipster cafes. These buzzwords "industrial", "old school", "hipster", "unconventional" are probably the most appropriate to describe Tian Kee & Co. So I drove 30 minutes all the way from my place across many highways to Mountbatten to try this hipster cafe. 

Personally, I do like the decor and old-school feel, but thought that it was a little too try-hard. It will be interesting to note that this place will be renovated soon, and so, in a sense, Tian Kee is kind of like a pop-up cafe.


Menu was very limited! They had full breakfast, half breakfast, eggs benedict (with ham) and eggs with salmon, mushroom soup and potato soup. I thought the menu didn't really fit the overall feel of the restaurant? It would be more interesting if they served ang ku kuehs or modern tau sa pias or something that fit its name and vibe.

They had interesting cakes though, they had a rainbow cheesecake and a gula melaka cheesecake. Both looked really good.

Full Breakfast: sausages, scrambled eggs, bread, ham and baked beans


Vanilla Rose Tea

Almond Tea

+ $1 if you want your tea chilled


My lasagna - okay.

Overall, I don't think the food is worth the long drive unless you're living in the area. The vibe didn't really pull through with me. 



Tian Kee & Co.
12 Dakota Crescent, Singapore 390012
6344 8527


Comments

Popular Posts