Midsummer House Restaurant Review


Went to Midsummer House for the third time, for a nice leisurely Saturday lunch. My friends wanted to go all-out and try the 10-course menu so that was what we did. Took about 5 hours but I haven't had such a good lunch in a long long time.



They started off by asking whether we were interested in any champagne, we got the rose!



The menu




Bloody Mary sorbet with Celery Puree which I really liked!


Amuse Bouches







 Truffle eclair. I think this was one of my favorite dish, the truffle had such a strong aroma and I love eclairs, and it's one of the best savory eclairs I had in my life.



Dessert Wine and Rose Champagne


Very simple and clean dish of salmon


With sauce





Beetroot. I really liked it but my friends who weren't accustomed to beetroot found it overpowering. They actually roast it in their own coal-fired pit outside, I just really love the concept. They also garnish with smoked goat cheese, which I felt complemented their dish very well.








 Suckling Pig. Perfectly done, with different styles of radish.







Truffle


Before truffle


After Truffle

I felt that this was the weakest dish in the all lunch, the scallop was a little too tough for me.









I love smoky flavors, so I was in love with the smoked quail eggs and the liver mousse.



Smoked quail eggs.





Different styles of monkfish, perfectly done.


Venison - good, gamey texture but cooked really well


Jack Daniels with maple syrup and chives - love it




Cheese platter - okay










Lemon dessert with blueberries - I can't take astringent or very citrusy flavors, the lemon mousse was too much for me but the blueberry was great


Rice pudding for me because I'm intolerant to chocolate! Okay only.




Chocolate and passionfruit cake


Selection of petit fours - jelly for me!

















70% this time because the service was good and the food was memorable!



Midsummer House

Midsummer Common, Cambridge CB4 1HA
01223 369299













Comments

Popular Posts