Bang Street Food Sydney

Bang Street Food is a bit of a misnomer because it is hardly street food. It is beautiful, finely plated authentic Sri Lankan cuisine, up in the lovely district of Surry Hills.

The vibe is very modern, loud and casual. I like getting to see the chef prepare all the dishes while being seated at the bar.




Was recommended to get a Lassi and I chose the Coconut Island Lassi ($8.00). It was very refreshing and highly recommended for calming the heat of their fiery curries.


  
Also ordered a starter of honey paneer. I was slightly disappointed by it as it came with a high price tag ($20.00). It was pan-fried paneer on a bed of onion and peas.




Was getting very peckish after waiting more than 20 minutes for my main, but all my frustration evaporated once I tasted the 1/2 duck ($35.00). It was perfectly cooked, amazingly seasoned atop a bed of sultanas and coconut mash. I highly recommend it. Was also recommended to complement the duck with the Naan bread ($3.00)






3/410 Crown St, Surry Hills NSW 2010


Comments

Popular Posts