Barrafina and The Pudding Bar Review

Okay so Barrafina has this annoying no-reservations policy. And they don't even have a beeping system. Why?

But the food more than makes up for it. They also just recently earned their Michelin star.

We ordered several items on the menu.

Gambas: this was good

 I loved the spring rolls stuffed with chorizo, simply amazing. The cheesy balls were really nothing short of amazing, I would have eaten all four, if I didn't have to be at least a little well-mannered with my friends' relatives.



Yummy spring rolls stuffed with chorizo




Octopus with Capers £9.80

This was one of their signature and highly recommend items. Octopus was alright, I would have preferred a nice crisp char to contrast with the softness of the octopus meat. Average.


Chorizo yum yum.

This was the weakest dish of the night. Fried vegetables. Meh.


Very nice mussels! Sauce was very interesting!



Fried Chicken. The sauce was simply amazing for this chicken, very well-marinated, well-buttered and extremely soft. I normally don't enjoy chicken, so me liking this dish, says much of the execution by the chef.



We wanted dessert so we headed to the pop-up The Pudding Bar next door. Couldn't decide on the menu so we got the tasting platter which included smores with chocolate, yuzu panacotta, brownie and blondie and banoffee pie. Everything was good except I didn't like the deconstructed presentation of the meal. Rather haphazard instead of artistic don't you think? Had the dessert wine with it, and strongly recommend the pairing. Service was average and the place was a little too cramped and not my thing.










They have a value-for-money afternoon tea which I wouldn't mind trying.















The Pudding Bar
26 Greek Street, Soho, London W1D 5DE
020 3620 4747
58%

Barrafina
54 Frith Street, Soho, London
68%


Comments

Popular Posts