Shinji



Went to Shinji last Friday to celebrate a special occasion!
For lunch, they have three different prices of sushi sets and an omakase option. Personally, having been to Shinji for dinner, I definitely think the lunch is much more value-for-money. 

The meal started off with an appetizer. 


We chose the middle-priced 12-sushi set. The fish they used very really fresh, each sushi was made on the spot, and we enjoyed the food so much we had to close our eyes to enjoy it. 

The chutoro was so well marbled and had the perfect melt-in-your-mouth feeling! The uni was one of the freshest and sweetest uni that I had ever tasted. 











At the end, they gave us a maki roll and tamago. The tamago was silky smooth and had a sweet cameralized finish to it. :) really enjoyed it!



As I was celebrating my saint day, my friend whispered that he saw the chef secretly preparing a sushi cake. I didn't see it but then they dimmed the lights, and the chef and staff started singing happy birthday, and presented me with a sushi cake full of toro and ikura. So much goodness.


Okay. I really recommend this restaurant :) just for lunch, not so much for dinner because of the prices. 

The last time I went the chefs were celebrating a birthday too and they dressed up as bunnies and I thought that that was really quirky haha. 

Thank you Shinji :) and chef Yori for my sushi cake :) 

80%

Shinji by Kanesaka 
02-20 Raffles Hotel Arcade 
328 North Bridge Road
188719

Telephone: 6338 6131 

They have another branch at St Regis too! 


Comments

Popular Posts