Joel Robuchon RWS Singapore

Joel Robuchon: 85%

Having been to L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in Vegas and Paris, I was very keen on trying out the fine dining version of Joel Robuchon in Singapore. Since I was going for dinner, I had already planned on getting the 2-course ($120++) / 3-course menu ($170++). However, I was a little taken aback when the maitre d' told me that since it was Christmas, they only had the special menus starting at ($240++) and ($290++) So definitely do call ahead and check whether they offer the choose-your-own-degustation menu before you go. Alternatively, one could always go to the L'Atelier which is right next to the dining room.

Oh yes one more thing! While I was in Paris, I realized they gave the boys the menu with the prices and the girls had menus without the prices. The same tradition sticks here. I guess if you want to know the price, ask your friend? Or maybe you don't want to know the price...

We started off with the bread selection! We couldn't decide because there were so many different types of bread, so the waiter suggested giving us a mixture of everything.


Bread Bowl


He also gave us some special sea salt butter to go along with the bread.


Special Sea Salt Butter


Anyway, I went with my family so we shared many dishes, and we were extremely satisfied with the food. One of the must-try is the Mashed Potatoes. I know it's surprising that in a fine-dining place, the specialty would be potatoes. But the Mashed Potatoes has such an airy and creamy blend, and is made up of three different species of potatoes, whole milk and butter. Oh and it's unlimited in the dining room, so go crazy.

I think one of the most memorable dishes would be the lobster. The maitre d asked me "have you ever tried the black pepper crab?" Mr Joel Robuchon fell in love with it, and this is his rendition - lobster a la black pepper

Lobster a la Black Pepper

Food was so good I had to steal it
Finally the desserts were presented really nicely. Kudos to the pastry chef.

Pretty Dessert

At the end of the meal, they brought the tray of petite fours, we were greedy and told the waiter that we wanted to try a variety, and he gave us one of everything again. Really yummy, and I'm glad they even put such an intricate amount of effort and detail into the petite fours.

Petite Fours



Tray of Petite Fours
In all, I really enjoyed the meal, the service staff were mostly French, they showed great passion in explaining the food and the details, they were jovial and the service was good. The food was fresh, different and unique, but it's still quite pricey even for its quality offered.


Joel Robuchon Restaurant

8 Sentosa Gateway
Singapore 098269


Comments

Popular Posts