Group Therapy Cafe

Review of Group Therapy Cafe: 70%

The place is quite hard to find, but just look out for Etna restaurant, and this cafe is located on the second floor. The menu offered an interesting mix of comfort food infused with local flavors, such as the chilli crab pie (*with sambal). My friends and I ordered the hotdog (actually a crispy hotdog bread with pork shoulder), the truffle ravioli, the signature poached eggs and the granola.


Poached Eggs

Hot Dog

Truffle Ravioli



I thought the hotdog was innovative, it had a very crisp bun as compared to the usual soft hotdog bun. The truffle ravioli was above my expectations, and it left me craving for more. The poached eggs was amazing, it was mainly a thick toast with a generous portion of smoked salmon, topped with perfectly poached eggs and a special hollaindaise sauce, eating it was pure ambrosia. The granola had a nice presentation with just enough honey to balance the heaviness of the greek yoghurt, but was pretty normal.

The drinks menu was good too. My friends enjoyed the piccolo latte, while I had the matcha latte, and it came with latte art, which always makes me happy. I also noticed that for the teas, they offered Jing tea, which is actually one of the premium suppliers of tea, and I felt that it further affirmed the quality of the drinks.

Matcha Latte

The service staff was really friendly, they advised me not to get the chilli crab pie if I couldn't really eat chilli, they were very patient and attentive. A good experience!

Gabriel - a very satisfied customer


Group Therapy Cafe
49 Duxton Road
Singapore 089513

Comments

Popular Posts