Cambridge// London

Done with my first week of second year medicine! Lectures have been good so far. But we're doing more modules this year, so the hours are longer and the practicals too.

Had my housewarming which was long overdue. It was potluck so everyone brought really good food! There was homemade gimbap (looks exactly like sushi but they use sesame oil instead of vinegar), sashimi and pad thai, fried chicken, chocolate cake, panacotta, cheesecake, fruits, mead, red wine, a lot of various drinks.





Before school started, I went to London to try some new and interesting restaurants:

Went to St John's Restaurant which is known for its snout-to-tail cooking, and they basically use innards such as intestines, liver, gall bladder and even the heart.

I decided to be adventurous and ordered the lamb's heart/ the bone marrow/ blood pudding. I really liked the lamb's heart! I thought it was interesting, and had a smooth rubbery texture (similar to abalone) but the mint sauce perfectly complemented the taste. The bone marrow was also served differently, whereby you have a bread knife and you spread the bone marrow across your toast with parsley. Yummy.

Also went to Pollen Street Social where I was pretty impressed. They take you to a different place for the desserts. I thought the lobster and the venison carpaccio was really good.

Ready for the second week of school!

Comments

Popular Posts