Toriyard + Canopy + Middle Rock = Zen in the midst of Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park

I've recently located back to Singapore and have been checking out new places! Toriyard + Canopy + Middle Rock is a group of restaurants located in Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park which is one of the major parks with dog runs where I always spot cute puppies and a 120-step staircase to get a birds'-eye view of the park.

And now the dilemma begins! Where should we eat? 

Toriyard is a modern-day yakitori which has amazing value-for-money lunch sets including unagi-don and wagyu with foie gras don which comes with salad, pickles and miso soup. 

I also liked the variety of the yakitori on offer. Toriyard shared that they will be launching a late-night yakitori due to popular demand. We'd have more places to enjoy supper with our friends when it launches this Friday 1st Nov

I've heard that they are working on new and improved recipes for their tempura and karaage so watch this space!


Unagi-don with pickles, salad and miso soup 

Wagyu foie gras don with miso soup, pickles and salad

Late-night Yakitori open until 1am on weekdays and 2am on weekends

There is also Aramsa spa next to these restaurants. I tried the Aramsa Touch (60 minutes), the massage quality can be slightly variable at times. I really liked it initially and bought a package, there is amazing landscaping so I always feel really zen when I step into this sanctuary. However, I do feel that the therapists may vary. Aramsa has also won several awards for both the aesthetics of the spa and the massages.

Aramsa Spa Sanctuary with biscuits and ginger-lemongrass tea

After my massage, I went to Canopy (I know I'm a hungry monster).

Canopy is a modern cafe-restaurant with classic brunch dishes such as eggs benedict and more adventurous fusion dishes for dinner such as the Espanol Bomba Rice (Squid Ink Bomba Rice, topped with sunny-side up egg and mentaiko mayo, served with crispy fried chicken thigh, $22) and Baked Black Cod Fish (served with teriyaki sauce, mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables, $38).

I really enjoyed the Espanol Bomba Rice, the squid ink risotto really worked well with the runny egg and crispy fried chicken. Do try it and let me know what you think about it!


I also heard from the staff that they just have a new chef who used to work at Valentino, so there will be more innovative Italian dishes in the future!

For drinks, I like coffee a lot but not so much the caffeine. It's one of the few cafes around which serves decaf cafe and I got the decaf soy latte.


Decaf Soy Latte

Calamari Rings

They recommended their calamari which is different from most restaurants as they use the whole squid. I felt that it was a bit too oily but I gave my feedback and perhaps next time, they will cook it at a higher temperature and also use some grease paper.

Espanol Bomba Rice (Squid Ink Bomba Rice, topped with sunny-side up egg and mentaiko mayo, served with crispy fried chicken thigh $22)

Baked Black Cod Fish (served with teriyaki sauce, mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables, $38)


I also tried their desserts! Apple Crumble (Baked apple, almond crumble, served with vanilla ice-cream, $14) and Sticky Date Pudding (served with gula melaka butterscotch & vanilla ice-cream, $14) I would recommend the sticky date pudding, the cream really worked well with the warm sticky date pudding, it's dense and luscious. 

Apple Crumble (Baked apple, almond crumble, served with vanilla ice-cream, $14)



I have yet to try Middle Rock (Bar) but my friends do go there to watch soccer. I'd prob try it soon and update it here!

They are also used for event spaces such as birthday parties or solemnisation as Canopy can hold up to 200 pax. 

Canopy Garden Dining
1382 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Bishan Park 2, 569931
6556 1533

Toriyard 
1380 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Bishan Park 2, 569930
6251 1465

Middle Rock Bar
1382 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, 569931
9113 4666

Aramsa - The Garden Spa
1384 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, 569932
6456 6556



Comments

Popular Posts