Stickybeaks Cafe


Since I've been pretty much based in Cambridge for this month, I've been trying out more independent cafes. Stickybeaks is one of the older cafes around that has organic and vegan food, and they change their menu daily based on the fresh produce they receive. Although honestly, I think it mostly revolves around different variations of poached eggs / frittatas / cheesecake / sausage butty and bread and butter pudding. and i've also observed that they sometimes keep their items for ~2 days so not exactly fresh.

^ Above is the three-variation salad. It's £2.50 for one selection, and £7 for all 3 selection. I got the orzo salad, the carrot salad, and the peas and broad beans salad. Pretty ok.

I like the coffee they have at Stickybeaks, not too astringent, nice balance of acidity, warm and soothing to the soul. I'm a sucker for their cute cups!! :) OH EM GEE

Below is their Sunday Brunch menu which is warm poached egg salad with new potatoes, asparagus, serrano ham, rosemary focaccia and a lemon mayonnaise dressing £7

Surprisingly I liked their lemon mayo dressing and their focaccio bread (presumably from Norfolk Street Bakery) is pretty crusty and good.

Overall healthy hipster food with good cafe, although the service can be quite hit-and-miss sometimes.


Stickybeaks Cafe
42 Hobson Street, Cambridge CB1 1NL
01223 359397


75%

Comments

Popular Posts