Kuvo Dining Concept Review

Hi I have been MIA from this blog!! Life of a medical student 

Anyway restaurant week is back in sg!

I tried out Kuvo which is a dining concept by TCC. They have a set lunch for $35 SGD. 

Their mushroom soup tasted like the ones I had in TCC so I wasn't really impressed, the truffle oil scent was quite faint if I struggled to taste it zzz although the bread by the side was crisp and slightly charred, albeit not warm 


Main course was the sea bass or the steak 

The steak was 'alright'

I liked the lemongrass velouté for the sea bass although the sea bass was cooked well, it was way too salty 
And this coming from someone who eats butter and salt by the gallons is quite a significant comment 



The dessert just annoyed me
I contacted the restaurant 3 days before regarding my cocoa intolerance and they only served a banana chocolate cream puff. When I asked whether I could order a la carte, it was not available. They said they would replace it with fruits. Zzz strongly feel that fruits are a very half-hearted attempt at replacing a dessert by a pastry chef, and especially since this is TCC's attempt af modeling itself as a fine-dining establishment? I asked the manager to add ice-cream and she was accommodating to agree, which was nice of her. And okay fine they put effort in trying to plate the fruits. 

Some gripes since it opened in January: 
- service was good and polite but very tentative and a little stilted 
- when we sat down at 12:30pm, we were told that the next seating would be at 1:30pm (but it's prob due to restaurant week)
- cafe food at restaurant prices 





Kuvo
Orchard Shopping Centre 



Comments

Popular Posts